Dr. Janine Holleran, B.Sc. (Hon.), D.C.
- Custom Made Orthotics
- Fascial Adhesion Release
- Nerve Flossing
- Rehabilitative Exercise
- Preoperative Conditioning
- Interferential Current (IFC)
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
- Doctor of Chiropractic – Magna Cum Laude, CMCC – 1996
- Bachelor of Science – Pharmacology – Honours, University of Toronto – 1990
- Continuing Education – Pediatrics – ICA
- Active Release Technique/CranialSacral Therapy
- Torque Release Technique
- Acupuncture – Levels I, II – Acupuncture Council of Ontario
Professional Licenses & Memberships
- Canadian National Chiropractic Board
- OCA, CCA, CCO
Dan Sommer, B.Sc. (Hon.), RMT
Dan Sommer graduated from the Massage Therapy program at Centennial College in 2010. Both in his schooling and during his practice Dan has gained experience in working with people with a wide variety of situations and conditions. Some of these include:
In addition to general Swedish Massage, Dan has had training in Deep Tissue massage. Currently, in addition to working in a couple of clinics downtown, he is working as an educator at Centennial College in the Massage Therapy program.
Dan grew up in Thornhill but now lives in East York. He received a B.Sc. in Computer Science from U of T and worked in web development before deciding to switch careers to Massage Therapy. Dan is an avid film goer, enjoys cycling, gaming (video and board games) and singing in a community choir, Singing Out.
To contact Dan directly, you can email him at DSommerRMT@Sommerhealth.ca
Dr. Barry Nguyen, B.Sc., DC
Dr. Barry Nguyen was raised in Guelph, Ontario where he grew up with a very active lifestyle that lead to numerous injuries to his low back and shoulders playing both competitive hockey and volleyball. After seeing a chiropractor he was able to manage his injuries through the excellent care that he received as well as the education his chiropractor provided to improve his overall body function to prevent further injuries. The impressive care he received as a patient guided him on his future path as a chiropractor.
Dr. Barry completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Waterloo, where he earned his Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. He went on to complete his Doctor of Chiropractic post-graduate degree at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC). There, he developed a keen interested in patient-centred care and looking at the patient as a whole rather than solely at the injury. He concurrently completed his certificate in Medical Acupuncture at CMCC.
Yeong Sang (Steve) Kim R.TCMP, R.Ac
Yeong Sang (Steve) Kim is a Registered Acupuncturist (R.Ac) and Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner (R.TCMP) as a member of the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario (CTCMPAO). He has a Master’s degree in Alternative Medicine and a BA in Acupuncture & Herbs.
For more than 10 years, Yeong Sang Kim has been practicing Chronic Pain, Chronic Diseases Treatment and Spiritual Care with integrative acupuncture to treat patients with many conditions in Toronto.
He also has experience and knowledge of other treatment skills, such as Moxibustion, Acupressure, Tuina massage, Magnetic, Cupping, Tapping and various method treatments with Integrative Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine.
He specializes in Chronic Pain treatment of neck, shoulder, back, arm, wrist, hip, knee, ankle, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, and Chronic Diseases like menopause, hypertension, diabetes, sleep disorders, stress, depression and anxiety reduction techniques, and also works with Cosmetic acupuncture, Weight loss and Natural Holistic Healing.
Carrying on a three-generation family tradition as an acupuncturist & TCMP, Yeong Sang (Steve) loves his work, and is grateful for the opportunity to use his skills and experience to address his clients’ needs and help them live healthy and happy lives.
Dr. Tatiana Smirnova, M.Sc., Ph.D., ND, D.H.M.S. Naturopathic Doctor
- Classical, Clinical and Complex Homeopathy
- Herbal Medicine (Western Botanical Medicine, Chinese Formulas)
- Acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Facial rejuvenation & cosmetic acupuncture
- Nutritional, Functional, and Orthomolecular Medicine
- Life Style and Diet Modification, Health Coaching
- Lab testing, including food and environmental allergies, thyroid, hormonal, metabolic panels etc. (tests not covered by OHIP)
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Injection therapy (Vitamins B12, Folate, D3, Glutathione)
- Nutrigenomics – review of your genetic markers relevant to your metabolism and nutrients requirements
- Body work – Modern Cupping (Facial drainage cupping, whole body lymph drainage, cupping massage etc.)
- Reiki – energetic treatment sessions, can be in combination with cupping therapy (Level II practitioner for many years)
- Doctor of Naturopathy – Canadian Collage of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM)
- Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Health Science – D.H.M.S – Ontario Collage of Homeopathic Medicine
- Master of Science – Cell and Molecular Biology, U of T, PhD – Cell Biology, Moscow State University (MGU)
- Continuing Education – workshops, conferences in Naturopathic and Homeopathic Medicine, Functional medicine, Holistic Counselling, specialised training in Dermatological and Facial Acupuncture, Modern Cupping Techniques etc.
Dr. Tatiana Smirnova, ND, graduated from the Canadian Collage of Naturopathic Medicine and the Ontario Collage of Homeopathic Medicine. She was born in Moscow, Russia, and from childhood on was exposed to alternative medicine, which successfully treated several chronic illnesses from which she suffered when regular medical treatment failed. Due to her extensive training in biology in her practice she is able to combine the analytical mind of a research scientist with her training in natural medicine.
Dr. Smirnova believes in the healing power of Vis, or life force, which heals, directs, balances and harmonizes all living things. True healing requires awakening of Vis or Qi (Chinese medicine) with the application of herbs, homeopathy, and acupuncture, in combination with optimal nutrition, exercise, and positive mental/emotional state. She is interested in the treatment of many chronic conditions and combines a wide spectrum of naturopathic approaches in her treatment plan. She is open to an integrative approach as well as to collaboration with other health care professionals, including MDs, for the best outcome in the treatment of her patients.
Aaron Prodanovic, RMT
Aaron Prodanovic, is a graduate of Sutherland Chan. Kind and caring in his approach, treatments range from infants, elderly, high performing athletes, and everybody in between.
Working deep tissue, fascial release, positional release, joint mobilizing, pregnancy massage, postnatal
treatments, lymph drainage, palliative massage, deep breathing techniques to deal with stress and pain,
as well as scar tissue work.
He has solid experience in working with people who have or who have had cancer, going through chemo
or radiation. His time working in cancer care has given him a great strength in working on emotionally
sensitive areas, as well as forming a better understanding of how to affect the restrictions related to
scarring. (eg. Mastectomy, lymphotomy, etc.)
Aaron believes the first treatment of his day as well as his last treatment should be equal in strength and
effort, much the same as the first five minutes of a massage should be equal to the last five minutes.